Re: How to use SVN + PHP

2009/1/20 Nathan Rixham <nrixham@xxxxxxxxx>

> a merge is something you do manually, most of the time you just commit
> (overwrite) and svn will log the lines of code that changed - sometimes when
> multiple people work on the site you get a conflict, both changed the same
> lines - this is when you need to manually review and manually merge, SVN
> will tell you the files conflict and prompt you to merge (still with the
> option to overwrite, or to "update", take the other persons copy)

Ok, I think now even I understood...
So now the next step is to convince my boss to implement and use svn and
that it will not complicate things to much (even less). Thanks to you this
part will be easier ;)

> if server is a windows server maybe forget scp.. may be more trouble than
> it is worth. but if server is linux and you develop on windows then yes use
> winscp or tortoise svn, or both :)

hm, no, sorry, other way round. I by myself work on both, windows and linux
(ubuntu) but server is windows. And convincing my boss to switch to linux or
even to apache (using IIS atm) is not possible... already tried ;)But at the
next meeting I will bring up SCP... the university network I think is
already supporting it, so maybe it won't be to complicated... (server is
part of the network... but true, the network mostly uses linux...)