Re: Re: First steps towards unix and php

John Corry wrote:
I don't know about Geany, but you should definitely check out:
PDT/Eclipse

^^my fav, but only when coupled with RSE (remote system explorer),
php debugger for eclipse and subversive svn

Zend Studio for Eclipse <- my favorite
^^ I liked but was a memory hog on my windows machines and a bit unstable (for me) + I use eclipse for java so stick to one!

Komodo Edit 5
^^ not tried so can't comment

Kate for PHP development? That sounds really slow and inefficient.
Eclipse and Zend studio offer such efficiencies as code
completion/hints (PHP core or any other included classes/files), code
explorer views/trees, SVN/CVS support, debugging...very capable IDEs.

Zend costs $$, Eclipse/PDT is free.

v weighty points