Re: Re: First steps towards unix and php

I don't know about Geany, but you should definitely check out:
PDT/Eclipse
Zend Studio for Eclipse <- my favorite
Komodo Edit 5

Kate for PHP development? That sounds really slow and inefficient.
Eclipse and Zend studio offer such efficiencies as code
completion/hints (PHP core or any other included classes/files), code
explorer views/trees, SVN/CVS support, debugging...very capable IDEs.

Zend costs $$, Eclipse/PDT is free.

John Corry