Re: PHP / Procmail / MIME decoder, Imagemagick, MySQL, PDF fax management system

On Sun, 2008-11-09 at 21:50 -0700, Dan Harrington wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have seen procmail and PERL, and some MIME handling scripts...but I
> haven't seen PHP, Procmail, Mysql, and MIME handling to effectively handle
> incoming emails.  I don't know PERL, so naturally I'd like to see it all
> written in stuff that I can understand and tweak if needbe.
>
> I have a Fax to Email service that sends me emails with all my faxes.  I
> want to process and parse them as follows:
> Fax >> multi-page PDFs >> My Email >> Procmail >> PHP / MIME decoder /
> Imagemagick >> MySQL >> save PDF >> Imagemagick each page to preview
> thumbnails.
>
> The attachments would be stored (or links to attachments stored on file
> system) along with main message stored in MySQL, and Imagemagick would make
> thumbnails of each page of the multi-page PDFs.
>
> I could then have my office assistant browse the messages by web browser,
> add keywords, To/From, Subject, categories to each of the
> messages,images,PDFs for later perusal and searching.  And when I wanted to
> :-)
>
> Surely someone has done this, but I can't find it....and I'm too busy and
> cowardly to write it myself :-)
>
> Thanks
> Dan

This may sound a bit of a strange question, but why put the fax in a
PDF? I mean, it's a bitmap graphic, so why not just leave it in a bitmap
format?

If that sounds strange, I'm the kind of person who gets annoyed at
people who put screenshots in MSWord documents!

Ash
www.ashleysheridan.co.uk