Re: PHP / Procmail / MIME decoder, Imagemagick, MySQL, PDF fax management system

Ashley Sheridan wrote:
This may sound a bit of a strange question, but why put the fax in a
PDF? I mean, it's a bitmap graphic, so why not just leave it in a bitmap
format?

Most fax systems I've seen deal with TIFF images but they can be in a slightly weird format (missing lines, requiring stretching or something like that). Putting the data into PDF is trivial (this is done automatically by hylafax system IIRC).

Also it seems Dan's issue is not converting it in PDF format, as he gets the data sent to him in PDF already.

For the email decoding, as Richard said, the PEAR MimeDecode classes do a fair job of this.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie