Re: Paypal Integration

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 12:04 PM, Richard Heyes <richard@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think, like a lot of things, you will always get people with good
> experiences and bad experiences. Unfortunately the people who have had
> bad experiences tend to be more vocal than those who've had good ones,
> so the outlook appears to be over negative.

Find me a bank that has held people's funds for years with no recourse.

*Normal* people - not terrorists, money launderers, or other things like that.

Then we'll talk :)

Remember - Paypal is not a bank. They almost had to play by bank
rules. AFAIK they never wound up having to though, and your mileage
-can- vary.

I wish someone would make a Paypal clone that did not have such an odd
history of shadyness. Their interface is simple, the idea is great,
adding an API was great, etc. But I won't trust them for 100% of my
income, ever. I'd diversify and/or go with a third party merchant (or
get and use my own merchant) long before that.

For the most part, people have no problems. But if you're one of those
people with a problem you'll feel the wrath of how shady the whole
appeals process is. Try to talk to someone in appeals - you can't. You
have to use a mail form to try to communicate with them. You're given
no names or accountability, nobody to talk to. You're guilty until
proven innocent. But again, I'm just one of those people who got bit -
ignorance is bliss :)

Idea: A+
Execution: F