Re: Paypal Integration

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 2:43 PM, mike <mike503@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 7:08 AM, tedd <tedd.sperling@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I've had the opposite experience.
> >
> > Their service has served me well over several years, sites, and clients.
>
> It's a crap shoot. They're fine until you get bit. I used them for
> quite a long time and I still have a paypal account for various
> reasons, but I do not keep any money in it for any amount of time and
> don't let them associate themselves to anything important.
>
> Just wait until someone puts up a spam/porn image on one of your
> sites. You'll be suspended "pending review" and even if you remove the
> image, or flat out take paypal off your site, they'll keep their
> suspension on you. Don't even try to appeal.
>
> But then an 18 year old girl I know with an amateur porn site using
> Paypal for membership got her account reopened though... funny how
> that worked. Totally against their policies. Mine? I took paypal off
> the site completely. They didn't care. Still closed my account. At
> least I got the money that was in it.
>
> --

Well that's why I mentioned fraud and security.  Porn sites are subject to
the same rules with Visa/MC as they are with PayPal.  The difference is with
Visa/MC, you can find a processor that will allow it, but you have to pay
thousands per year in surcharges.

I myself had a guy on an Asian network hack a guy's account in the United
States.  He then came to my site, signed up two monthly recurring accounts,
setup subscriptions to pay on paypal, and left.  Had I not had fraud
protection in there and acted on it, I would have lost money, and probably
had my paypal account locked also.

You just have to cover yourself best you can.

--
-Dan Joseph

www.canishosting.com - Plans start @ $1.99/month.

"Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for the rest of the day.
Light a man on fire, and will be warm for the rest of his life."