Re: localization folder for web site

On 14 Sep 2008, at 20:53, Alain R. wrote:
Stut wrote:
On 14 Sep 2008, at 20:27, Alain R. wrote:
but in this case, my browser address bar will show me : whatever.php?l=en for example. and this is not what i want. I want that browser shows in its address bar /en/whatever, but the page whatever.php will get the parameter l=en.
so how can i do that ?
You're still not getting it, so here it is step by step...
* User request http://yoursite.com/en/index.php
* Apache sees this request, matches the URL to a rewrite rule and *internally* rewrites the request so it looks like http://yoursite.com/index.php?lang=en - note that the browser does not get told anything about this process. * The index.php script runs, reads $_GET['lang'] to see what language has been requested and generates the page as normal. Whenever it creates a URI it ensures that it's created so it starts with '/'.$_GET['lang'].'/...' to ensure the user continues with the same language. Hope that makes sense. Now, please Google mod_rewrite, have a play with it on a local test server and try it. If you don't get it from the words, get it from the play!
-Stut
sorry Stut, i maybe miss the point here but i rewrite the rule, however when user request is http://yoursite.com/en/index.php, the browser address bar shows http://yoursite.com/index.php?lang=en :-(
and not only http://yoursite.com/en/index.php

this is my problem :-)

Show us what you're trying to use. Without that we really can't help.

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/