Re: Email - Best practice/advice please

Tom Chubb wrote:
I have generally been using the PHP mail function for sending emails from
contact forms on websites, but have recently had problems with a lot of
mails being delivered to junk/spam folders.
I've tried loads of different headers, etc and almost every contact form on
sites I've done is different.
I think it's time I started standardising and using an SMTP class to send
and wanted some advice from people.
I'm looking at the Pear Mail package and wondering whether that would be ok,
or should I just start rolling out phpmailer on all sites, in case I start
to put mailing lists, etc. in the future.
Basically, what do most of you do for contact/enquiry form emails?
TIA

Tom
Hi Tom,

Sorry to inform you about this. But it is a best practice (and my advice) to first search in any archive of a forum or mailinglist before asking a question regarding a subject.

Sending mail via a scripting language (like PHP) is a very common subject. Therefore an anwser to your question should be somewhere in the archives. I'm pretty sure the last month this topic has been started 2 times.

So, I suggest that you first go about searching in the archives (of this mailinglist for example) and if you can't figure it out, you come back.
--

Aschwin Wesselius

/'What you would like to be done to you, do that to the other....'/