Re: Re: Military Service WAS [PHP] Capitalization of variable

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 2:59 AM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't know the story with the PHP lists, but if it's of any use, I'd
> be happy to host a PHP-OT mailing list.

    I had been considering the same more and more.  I had a brief
conversation yesterday with Philip (Olsen, from the Documentation and
Website Teams) about the same.  My only real concern is in difference
of policies and the advertising of an "unofficial" mailing list on one
of the official lists.

    However, while typing this, I think I've convinced myself that
they aren't really big issues.  We continually refer to places such as
phpbuilder.com and other sites, and they are unofficial and unrelated
to the general project.

    It sounds like it might be time to start an official thread to see
if there would be interest by others here on the list, and if so,
either you or I could host it.

    I envision the OT list running parallel with the official lists,
so if something were to begin to stray off-topic, a poster would hit
"Reply-All" and replace php-*@lists.php.net with php-ot@xxxxxxx or
wherever we decide to host it.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Dedicated Servers - Intel 2.4GHz w/2TB bandwidth/mo. starting at just