Re: Re: Military Service WAS [PHP] Capitalization of variable

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 3:07 PM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dan, no offence taken nor meant, but 1) you have very little idea of who
> may or may not be interested in this, and 2) just because a subject
> might conceivably be of interest to "a large portion of us" does not
> make it appropriate for this list.

    However, in rebuttal:

        1.) I do know that I filter out dozens of messages per day,
and that others are fully-capable of doing the same.
        2.) This is more based on camaraderie and mutual-respect than
the subjects you mentioned below.

> We might as well be discussing the EM or HDTV or the failure of EU
> Lisbon Treaty.  Those are all equally off-topic, but probably also
> interesting to a large portion of us.

    I do agree, and I think it's worth another mention to the Website
Team to discuss a specific OT list for those of us who would like to
stray once in a while.  After all, you can't spend every day speaking
with the same people on here without developing some common interests
and bonds.

    With the Mozilla project, there's Mozilla-General, which is not at
all like PHP-General: it's a place for those involved in all aspects
of the Mozilla Foundation, projects, and sub-projects to discuss
anything at all.  It's been brought up many times over the years, but
I still think we should have something like that here.

    Plus, I think it would cut down (a small bit, anyway) on traffic
to the General list for people who don't want to filter.  ;-P

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Dedicated Servers - Intel 2.4GHz w/2TB bandwidth/mo. starting at just