Re: slowness mystery

> Make it write out a static .js file and link to that.  Apache can
> serve up files like that way faster directly than piping it through
> php.  If you don't want to go through that hassle, make sure you have
> a far future expire header on the file so that the client does not
> request it each time.

Eric,

How do I do that? I generally embed the js file in the html that gets sent
down

<head>
<script type='text/javascript' src='my.js'></script>
</head>

How can I set the expiry header? I know I can use php to send that header,
but how when its as above? Is that an apache setting?

Thanks,

--

Bastien

Cat, the other other white meat