Re: Re: A Little Something.

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 2:57 PM, tedd <tedd.sperling@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Gentlemen:
>
>  First, my apologies for publishing the page without checking it first for
> pet-peeves.
>
>  Second, please educate me as to the statement that "NoScript" is blocking
> UrchinTracker. Where do I have declared NoScript and why would I want it? I
> have numerous sites and they all generate these same javascript warnings,
> but UrchinTracker still works and I have sites that are very popular.
>
>  Third, the UrchinTracker code is Google's code and I do not think I have
> any control over the warnings generated by their code -- do I?
>
>  Fourth, the site:
>

>  http://webbytedd.com/bb/tribute/
>
>  Was set up originally as an ajax site (requiring javascript) and I did not
> give thought to what would happen if javascript was turned off -- in my
> haste I violated one of the "prime directives" of Graceful Degradation --
> sorry!
>
>  If you will review the page now, you will find that has been corrected --
> the page works with javascript on or off.
>
>  Now, with all of that said -- which of you javascript experts can tell me
> what I can do to stop the warnings that are generated by Google's
> UrchinTracker code?
>
>  Thanks and Cheers,
>

>  tedd
>
>  --
>  -------
>  http://sperling.com  http://ancientstones.com  http://earthstones.com
>
>  --

NoScript is a FireFox extension to protect users from malicious
scripts.  JS is indeed very dangerous right now especially as mashups
continue to gain popularity and all of that personal information
floating around.  Subscribe to planet websecurity and see the truth.

The way I deal with urchin is by /etc/hosts'ing out google's
adservers.  Then we all win, right?  ;)

Here is a fairly current rant:
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-TBPekxc1dLNy5DOloPfzVvFIVOWMB0li?p=819