Re: Re: A Little Something.

At 3:11 PM -0400 5/12/08, Eric Butera wrote:

NoScript is a FireFox extension to protect users from malicious
scripts.

NoScript is also a tag for browsers to read and react to IF they do not accept javascript.

http://www.w3schools.com/TAGS/tag_noscript.asp

That's an unfortunate naming convention from FireFox.

 JS is indeed very dangerous right now especially as mashups
continue to gain popularity and all of that personal information
floating around.  Subscribe to planet websecurity and see the truth.

The way I deal with urchin is by /etc/hosts'ing out google's
adservers.  Then we all win, right?  ;)

Here is a fairly current rant:
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-TBPekxc1dLNy5DOloPfzVvFIVOWMB0li?p=819

Okay, I read that -- but what does that have to do with urchin?

Urchin is not an ad delivery system, but rather a way to keep track of visitors to your web site.

Now, how is that a security threat? Or is the claim that any site that uses js is a security threat?

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------