Re: Re: A Little Something.

On 12 May 2008, at 09:39, Peter Ford wrote:
tedd wrote:
Hi gang:
This is what I did this morning:
http://webbytedd.com/bb/tribute/
It speaks for itself.
Cheers,
tedd

tedd,

Nothing to do with the subject matter, but I noticed because it is one of your more simple pages: I get a JS "urchinTracker() not defined" error on your site, almost certainly because NoScript is blocking UrchinTracker...

Perhaps you should wrap that naked call to urchinTracker() in a conditional - maybe as simple as

	if (urchinTracker) urchinTracker();

<pet-peeve>
I really hate seeing JS errors on published sites (i.e. not development sandboxes)
</pet-peeve>

'course, there are many sites that make the same call to urchinTracker(), and many many worse errors...

I see your pet peeve and I'll raise you one of mine...

<pet-peeve>
People who use Javascript blockers, especially Javascript blockers that do a half-arsed job which causes errors.
</pet-peeve>

If you're going to block Javascript, block it. Don't use something that tries (and apparently fails) to block it intelligently.

What are you so afraid of?

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/