Re: Web page excerpt editor

At 8:49 AM -0400 5/6/08, Jason Pruim wrote:
On May 6, 2008, at 8:41 AM, tedd wrote:
My only quandary was -- do I allow them to input html or not.

I misunderstood what you were going for... But this does give me another idea... Why not give them very simple things like [bold][/bold] and then you can control it all from css and they don't need to understand much about HTML?

In fact, if you are using variables in your css, you could set it so that they could set what color they want [bold] to be.

IE: .bold {font-weight: bold; color: $boldColor;}

Or how ever you would have to define it so that it displayed correctly.. :) Anyway, just the ideas of a dutch novice take them as such :)

You're making an honest effort to answer the question I posed, so it's not that novice.

I've been using variable in css for years, see here:

http://sperling.com/examples/pcss/

But it's a different problem when trying to guide a layman from what he imagines in his head to what can be done on the web (hey, that rhymes). :-)

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------