RE: Web page excerpt editor

-----Original Message-----
From: tedd [mailto:tedd.sperling@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 3:02 PM
To: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Web page excerpt editor

At 8:49 AM -0400 5/6/08, Jason Pruim wrote:
>On May 6, 2008, at 8:41 AM, tedd wrote:
>>My only quandary was -- do I allow them to input html or not.
>
>I misunderstood what you were going for... But this does give me
>another idea... Why not give them very simple things like
>[bold][/bold] and then you can control it all from css and they
>don't need to understand much about HTML?
>
>In fact, if you are using variables in your css, you could set it so
>that they could set what color they want [bold] to be.
>
>IE: .bold {font-weight: bold; color: $boldColor;}
>
>Or how ever you would have to define it so that it displayed
>correctly.. :) Anyway, just the ideas of a dutch novice take them as
>such :)

You're making an honest effort to answer the question I posed, so
it's not that novice.

I've been using variable in css for years, see here:

http://sperling.com/examples/pcss/

But it's a different problem when trying to guide a layman from what
he imagines in his head to what can be done on the web (hey, that
rhymes).  :-)

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------

Tedd,

That is great information for a noob like me! Your page has just been
printed and bookmarked :o) I have been thinking (not google-ing) about how
to do that (CSS with variables) for some time now, without ever trying.

Thanks mate !!

Chris