Re: Web page excerpt editor

At 11:19 AM -0400 5/5/08, Eric Butera wrote:
On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 9:43 AM, tedd <tedd.sperling@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  FCKEditor and TinyMCE are impressive in what they do, but they produce a
 mix of css and html -- that's not good in my book.

This is an interesting idea.  Most clients don't want to see a text
area to input raw html though.  In the many years I've done this only
3 people have ever requested it specifically out of hundreds.  You
might want to look into shoving generated markup through ext/tidy.  It
might have some options to clean up all that embedded css.  Maybe I'll
have to look into it later when I have some free time.  I'm tired of
seeing those mso styles from Word.  ;)

You make a good point -- and I agree with the Word problem. I have clients who cut/paste from Word and then wonder why it don't look right in their web site?

Currently, my CMS for him is completely devoid of him entering any html, but that also means I have to program in options for linefeeds, bold/italic text, font size, and other such things. It's difficult to pin down all the different combinations of those things.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------