Re: Web page excerpt editor

At 9:52 AM -0400 5/5/08, Jason Pruim wrote:
On May 5, 2008, at 9:43 AM, tedd wrote:
I've been trying to come up with an alternative -- here's my twist:

http://www.webbytedd.com/a/easy-page-db

Please note the [Edit Mode] link on the top right of the page.

I'm not willing to share the code at this point because I haven't worked out all the bugs, but I'm sure the demo expresses my idea.

My quandary is how much freedom do I give the client in allowing them to use html tags? The client is not going to deliberately try to mess up their own site, but not having well formed html can create problems.

I am open to comments and suggestions.

Hey tedd,

Just as an idea, would it be alot of work to do a "basic" editor, and then have an "advanced" button? That way, for the people who don't know as much they can just stay in the basic part that lets them pretty much type in the info and the editor changes it into HTML and advanced basically gives them a blank slate to work with? Just a thought..

My idea was to have various web templates set up for the clients to chose from (my example was one) and then they could edit the text and images as they wanted.

My only quandary was -- do I allow them to input html or not.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------