Re: Question regarding fopen

> Hi, I'm having a strange problem with fopen
>
> For clearence, here is the phpinfo page:
> http://www.grondengoed.nl/phpinfo.php
>
> I will shortly explain the problem I'm having:
>         $imagenamesmall = $foldersystem . '/' . $id . $imgstr . '-s' .
> $i . '.jpg';
>         echo $imagenamesmall; // For debugging purposses --> returns
> exactly what I want.
>
>         //attempt to create folder
>         @mkdir($foldersystem);
>         @chmod($foldersystem, 0777);
>

>         //save picture
>         if(!($handle = fopen($imagenamesmall, 'w'))){
>             echo "Cannot open file (31)";
>             exit;
>         }
>
>        //$imagesmall, contains the image resource
>
>         if(fwrite($handle, $imagesmall) === FALSE) {
>             echo "Cannot write to file (32)";
>             exit;
>         }
>
>         fclose($handle);
>
> Erverything works perfectly fine.But one thing, it doesn't give the
> file the name that it should get. A name for instance has to be:
> 54961tdtdtdtd-s0.jpg
> The number is the id of the database row, the 8 characters are random.
> -s stands for small and 0 is the picture index.
> When I echo the value, I get what I want. But when I save it, the
> random 8 character string had become a totally different 8 character
> string :S.
>
> I have googled and checked things over and over again, cost me hours
> and I still haven't found the reason. What is noticeable is that when
> I leave one character away from the name, the value IS what it schould
> be:S.
>
> I really hope you can help me, if you need further info yust ask.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> regards,
>
> Joep Roebroek
>
> --

What version of PHP?

My guess is that the mkdir is failing and the file is going to some weird
place.
You can do the chmod as part of the mkdir: bool mkdir  ( string $pathname
[, int $mode  [, bool $recursive  [, resource $context  ]]] )

Print/test the result of your mkdir.

If is doing what you think then it sounds like a memory overwriting bug.