Re: Fun with SOAP.

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 2:15 PM, Eric Butera <eric.butera@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A fellow co-worker of mine is working on a project integrating with
> Amazon using SOAP.  I've never used SOAP before but it seemed like
> things were straight forward at first.  Some parts work while others
> done.  Right now we are stuck trying to fetch a document from the
> remote server.
>
> We are able to connect and get a list of documents as expected.  The
> PHP 5 SOAP extension handles this like a champ.  When a single
> document is requested an exception is thrown with the error message
> "looks like we got no XML document."  The document listing request
> returns a simple single text/xml SOAP XML response.  The request for a
> single document returns a multi-part (multipart/related) response.
>
> Can the PHP 5 soap client even parse such things?  I looked at the
> manual pages and did Google searching, but I'm not even sure what to
> word my queries as.  It seems like somehow this should just work as
> the script just defines a client and then does the call.  So any help
> or links to something that explains how this multipart response can be
> handled will be greatly appreciated.  See below for the script &

i know this has nothing to do w/ getting it to work w/ php, eric, but have
you tried hitting the service w/ soap ui?
http://www.soapui.org/

although its written in java, its an indispensable testing tool, imho, and i
always give it a shot when im having soap troubles.  i might try to see if
you can get a successful response from the service w/ it.

-nathan