GPS Locator

Howdy group!

I know that this is not a PHP question (but it will work with a PHP app)
but I thought I would ask the smartest group of people I know if they
have any clue or would be familiar with a device I can use. I need to
purchase a small GPS receiver/antenna that will plug into a USB port.
Then I need to access the port (Ajax? Java?) while in my web application
to deliver the coordinates to my PHP application. That will give me the
physical location of the machine accessing the application.

Any insight will be valuable.