Re: Guidance

At 11:52 PM +0000 2/27/08, Stut wrote:
It's worth noting that I've asked the same question to more than a few interviewees for traditional C/C++ roles, and I never came across one that couldn't do it which I find quite interesting.

Incidentally, the same distinction between engineers and developers applies here too, it's certainly not specific to web development.

-Stut

In all seriousness, I haven't a clue as to what to call myself these days. I think the lines have blurred considerably, at least for me.

I'm certainly no longer a master at anything, the technology is too diverse. But I can get just about anything done, if time is not an issue, and it's usually is not a problem.

I guess the bottom line is what your clients/employers think. If they approve, then I guess that you can be just about anything. If they don't, then that narrows the field a bit.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------