Re: Guidance

At 3:32 PM -0500 2/27/08, Daniel Brown wrote:
On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 3:01 PM, Stut <stuttle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Maybe it's just me but I usually end up rewriting everything I write
  at least twice. That's just a fact of life and I've found that I end
  up with far better code that way than I do by trying to get it right
  first time. It also tends to be quicker.
[snip!]
  In short, learn by doing. It's served me well.

    I made it even shorter, Stut.  ;-P

    He's exactly right, Matty.  It's a form of evolution called
"versioning".  No programmer gets everything perfect the first (or
usually even second, third, eighth) time.  Good, usable, lasting code
will be written and rewritten very often.

I made it even shorter.

They're both right.

<opinion>
I would suggest that you start with easiest first -- like html and css.

Once you figure out how to present stuff, then you can start bringing in php, mysql and javascript to make it work.

As such, you'll need to subscribe to more than this list. Check out the css-discuss and later the javascript list.

</opinion>

Welcome.

Cheers,

tedd