Re: Question about PHP Licence and it's future!

tedd wrote:
> At 12:53 PM -0500 2/25/08, Andrés Robinet wrote:
>> *gringos* started calling me Rob long ago. It's shorter, it's easier to
>> pronounce and it's a short form for my last name (Robinet).
>
> Gringos?
>
> That brings up another subject, why is it that Caucasians don't have any
> offensive slang words? We are called by all sorts of slang (i.e.,
> cracker, white-bread, hunkie, and so on), but we don't have something
> equivalent to the n-word/
>
> No reply is needed -- just a comment.
>
>> Thanks for pointing out the *who* instead of *that* :), since I didn't
>> realized
>> it until now.
>
> That's alright, many English writers get that wrong. You see, when the
> object is not a person, then the use of "that" is proper. However, if
> you are referring to a person, then "who" is proper.
>
> I see a similar thing with people using "then" when they mean "than",
> but that may be a Brit thing -- like driving on the wrong side of the
> street or eating with their fork in the wrong hand -- you know one of
> those cultural things that went haywire. :-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> tedd

They (anyone non-white) call us howlies in Hawaii I believe and it's not
meant as a compliment.  Regardless, most whites don't take any of these
that negatively because we don't view ourselves as the oppressed and
don't view the others as oppressors shouting offensive slang at us.

Cinco de Mayo is big here in Texas and I held a Gringo de Mayo party
last year on the 5th of May.  It was a big hit!

-Shawn