Re: Question about PHP Licence and it's future!

At 2:44 PM -0600 2/26/08, Shawn McKenzie wrote:
They (anyone non-white) call us howlies in Hawaii I believe and it's not
meant as a compliment.  Regardless, most whites don't take any of these
that negatively because we don't view ourselves as the oppressed and
don't view the others as oppressors shouting offensive slang at us.

Well, that depends.

Trying being born in the Ozarks. While "Amos & Andy" was taken off the air for being stereotypical,our "race" can't get Hillbilly Bread off the shelves, Snuffy Smith out of cartoons, nor the Beverly Hillbillies off TV -- we're stereotyped as being incestuous, ignorant, barefoot, and our only attribute is that we can shoot straight. :-)

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------