RE: Question about PHP Licence and it's future!

Well,

I don't know why some people gives so much importance to words. But I think it's
related to what someone said once (don't know who):

"The raw description of evil scandalizes people much more than the perpetration
of it"

I have some friends who are called *gringo* and some others who are called
*niger*. What's more, here in Argentina, many times we call ourselves *niger*
(The Spanish word is *negro*) as you would say *buddy* (like *hey niger, let's
play soccer tomorrow*), independently of skin color or social status.
We also use the same word (*niger*) in a slighting way, referring to ignorant
people or people with bad habits (among other things). But we rarely use
*gringo* in a slighting way. More often than not we call *gringa* to a hot
blonde woman. Now, in Mexico, a *gringo* would mean an US citizen most of the
time, and it would be used in a pejorative way most of the time as well. I think
you'd all benefit of reading http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gringo:

"In South America, the word is not pejorative. In some countries it may be used
to refer to any foreigner who does not speak Spanish, but in other countries it
is used just or especially to refer to U.S. citizens; it may also be used to
describe a blond or brunette white native person with soft facial features and
light colored eyes. For instance, it is a popular nickname"

Now, why I said *gringos*? In my case gringos meant both US citizens and
Caucasian people (specifically German people), and I didn't mean it in any
pejorative way. My company's president (who started calling me Rob in the first
place) is a native German, now living in Florida for several years. Same for her
husband, and same for many business partners or clients or friends of her. And I
have a very nice relationship with them, and they all call me Rob. If I wrote an
email signing it *Regards, Andrés*, they wouldn't know who I am (lol).

However, I must admit that I used the term *gringo* in the Mexican sense at
least once in my life, but just for the fun of it (back in 2002 when I entered
English chat rooms to perfection my English and learn a bit of the slang... I
was such a dumbass, lol).

IMHO, more important than words is the mouth that pronounces them and the ears
that hear them, my father-in-law calls me *Mr Magoo* because of my glasses, and
I call him *Viejo violeta* (something similar to *pervert*) and we get along
very well (despite I've stolen her beloved daughter :D).

Regards,

Rob(inet)

Andrés Robinet | Lead Developer | BESTPLACE CORPORATION
5100 Bayview Drive 206, Royal Lauderdale Landings, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308 |
TEL 954-607-4207 | FAX 954-337-2695 |
Email: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  | MSN Chat: best@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  |  SKYPE: bestplace |
 Web: bestplace.biz  | Web: seo-diy.com