Re: PEAR website and MSIE 6

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 18:02 +0100, Jochem Maas wrote:
> Robert Cummings schreef:
> > On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 17:14 +0100, Jochem Maas wrote:
> >> let's not forget that nobody outside of IT actually uses Opera
> >
> > Please back up that st-ass-tistic please. Methinks you reached around
> > and pulled it out of your lightless nether regions.
>
> given that you can prove anything with statistics, I'd say that's where
> all stats come from - well not all from my ass but always someone's ;-)
>
> let me guess you use Opera ... and you work in IT right? :-P

I use Opera for 99% of my browsing and 90% of development. I use Firefox
for 1% of browsing (the occasional site doesn't like Opera) and 1% of
development (usually just a check that a page renders properly). I use
IE for 1% of browsing (some inept sites only like IE), and 9% of
development (usually because I keep having to re-check web pages to get
them to look right in IE's inept engine).

Would you believe me if I said I wasn't in IT? ;)  My wife isn't in IT,
but she uses Opera regularly, she likes it's speed and the way it zooms.
My 4 year old son loves Opera, but he doesn't know anything else yet :)
He likes it when I jump on google images and do searches for things like
"dinosaurs", "solar system", "trucks", etc. Then he browses through the
results. of course, he also only knows Linux so far. He can happily
navigate folders and menus. The icons help determine his interest level
since he can't read very well just yet.

Cheers,
Rob.