Re: PEAR website and MSIE 6

On Jan 31, 2008 9:27 AM, Jochem Maas <jochem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Eric Butera schreef:

> >> firefox not an option? or anything else that resembles a proper browser ;-)

> >> --

> > IE8 passes Acid2. :)
>
> a, it's not out.
> b, all that was said was it does - is there proof? (screenshot doesn't count).
> c, they also want to force developers to include extra meta tags to force IE8 to run in
> strict valdation mode ... otherwise it will run using the old parser ... or something like
> that.
> d, it's liable to be more to do with EU lawsuits than actually giving a hoot about
> stds compliance of any sort.
>
> http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2008/01/25/ie8_version_switch/

I'm up to date on the situation, thanks! :)

I just had to throw that in there because you said Firefox like it is
the best browser.  I use Firefox with NoScript when I'm browsing the
web, but it is by no means the "best" browser.  Safari & Opera have
"better" renderers and do it faster.  I'm not talking about the
Mozilla engine though because Camino fairly decent.  It's just all
that chrome bloat really makes me sick.