Re: first php 5 class

On Jan 30, 2008 7:58 PM, Richard Lynch <ceo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't use SPL because it makes my head spin to read it, and I never
> ever try to do something as silly as iterate over a *LARGE* array in
> end-user pages.

are there pages where you iterate over the same 'small' array more than
once?  spl will definitely beat out the foreach performance over the arrays.

its really not that bad to learn, and once you have it down, its so easy.
you can decorate one thing w/ another to get new behavior at runtime.
suppose you have a structure, you want to get some stuff out of it.  ok,
iterate over it, but wait you dont want all of it, wrap it in a FilterIterator,
but wait, you might need those results again, wrap it in a CachingIterator.
not only is the library seamless, but its faster than the stock stuff.  and
it has lots of other useful features as well, besides the iterators.

-nathan