Re: system command runs application, but application doesn't work correctly

Daniel Brown <parasane <at> gmail.com> writes:

>     Does the UID (or at least GID) under which PHP is being executed
> have permissions to write to the area you're trying to save the file?
>
>     Similar to above, does it have the correct permissions to read the
> incoming file?

Daniel, I'm not sure about UID, but users of both folders where I write files
("photo" and "video") are the same. ImageMagick runned from PHP writes files to
photo without any problems. Also, all my scripts have the same UID, uploaded
from one user.

Both directories ("photo" and "video") have same permissions "777" and same user
"500".

If I'm telling something wrong, can you tell me how can I check GID/UID info and
for what files/directories? I'm not linux guru...

>     Have both $inputFile and $outputFile been properly defined?  Try
> echo'ing them out just above the (commented-out) system() call line to
> be sure.

I'm sure paths and files are ok. As I said before, shell script, written by my
PHP script works perfectly when I run it from shell, not PHP. I'm pretty sure
the problem is not here. My script echoes these paths (I just don't post it
here) and they're ok.