Re: system command runs application, but application doesn't work correctly

On Jan 16, 2008 7:56 PM, Apple7777 <applepro7777@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to run mencoder command line utility to encode videos.
>
> When I use these two command in terminal (through SSH), everything works fine.
> But when I run them from PHP script with system command, it doesn't work.
[snip]

    Try replacing system() with die() and letting it print out the
information full command string.  That may give you an idea of a
variable that's either incorrect or undefined.  If you copy and paste
it and run the command from the command line and it works, then it may
be permissions issues.

    One part of the snipped content that I noticed kept repeating is
the following (and actually ending with this line):
        'VDecoder init failed :( Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html'

    Did you follow the advice and read that document?

    Beyond that, it's a question that should probably instead be asked
on a mencoder mailing list, since PHP's system() function is working
correctly, but apparently isn't getting the information it needs to
pass stuff back-and-forth with the system.

--
</Dan>

Daniel P. Brown
Senior Unix Geek and #1 Rated "Year's Coolest Guy" By Self Since
Nineteen-Seventy-[mumble].