Re: session_start problems with FireFox on Mac

Hey... thanks for the replies. I installed the headers feature that Richard suggested and found that no headers were output. I started to transfer my php to another site to see if the problem replicated and I wasn't able to recreate the problem. It turns out that I "require" a file before the session_start that had one stupid character of whitespace at the end of it. When I transferred the php to recreate the problem, I replaced the "require" call with the actual code - eliminating the whitespace at the end of the file, so the problem didn't replicate. It took me a long time to figure out that was the problem. What a killer!

To illustrate my php goes like this:

index.php
=========
<?php
code
code
require "index2.php"
code
?>

index2.php
========
<?php
code
code
code
?>
<whitespace character>

The <whitespace character> is actually just an extra newline "\n" at the end of the file. So that gets output to the browser before the headers and apparently doesn't lock up any browsers except FireFox on a Mac.

Thanks for the help. Just your courtesy in responses got me thinking in a new direction.
Terry

Richard Lynch wrote:
Install Live HTTP Headers and see what headers are being sent.

Then search for those headers and FireFox Mac issues online.