Re: Beginner Tutorials for using CLASSES in PHP4

""Nathan Nobbe"" <quickshiftin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On 10/9/07, Robert Cummings <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 2007-10-09 at 21:37 -0400, Nathan Nobbe wrote:
>> >
>> > does a lawn mower not have blades; and gas and a control panel; does it
>> not
>> > have
>> > wheels?  my object modeling of a lawn mower would certainly have these
>> > things;
>> > and most likely i would mark components of the engine as private.
>> > and what does a lawn mower cut anyway; grass; i thought that was it.
>> > so
>> if
>> > there
>> > was no grass could there still be an algorithm to cut it?
>> > i say grass is part of the grass-cutting algorithm.
>>
>> Well it helps to refine the algorithm, but let's say we use fingers
>> instead as our measure... I'm sure we would find that we could cut grass
>> also >:)
>

> good point.
> the lawn mower is still consistent of its own parts and they
> comprise its implementation.
>
> -nathan

Yes, but a lawnmower does not contain grass, it is used to cut grass. Whole
grass goes in and cut grass comes out. The lawnmower does not have any grass
in its construction, therefore grass is not part of the implementation.

--
Tony Marston
http://www.tonymarston.net