Beginner Tutorials for using CLASSES in PHP4

Yes, I know how to Google, and I've been Googling...

But I would appreciate advice about good beginner tutorials using
classes in PHP4 based on your actual experiences. I.e., have some of
you found tutorials that really unlocked the doors for you?

Ideally, such tutorials would have somewhat realistic examples. (I
already know how to output "Hello, World" using a class, and I tend
to find examples like those unhelpful. Maybe it's just me.)

My main challenge is modularizing yer basic BREAD/CRUD operations
with MySQL databases.

I've made some strides in creating increasingly modular functions to
present browse lists, edit forms and add forms; to perform
field-level and form-level validations; and to perform inserts,
updates and deletes. My approach is to utilize multidimensional
arrays which define the column names, column labels (for forms),
form control types (input, select, checkbox, etc.) and other
attributes of the form controls. I've got a "library" of validation
routines with error messages that appear on the form under the
culprit form control.

But I think taking the next step to use classes is going to make my
life much easier.

TIA for any guidance you might be able to offer.

Jeff