an apology

List,

I apologise for dragging that crap out for all to see. Unfortunately, the piling on was bothering me a great deal and i dealt with it badly. (Juvenile comments about "cock size" excepted, Jack. I'm not at all insecure about that. Thanks for the concern, though.)

I feel that my responses here have been completely misunderstood and it simply irritates me to no end. But that's no excuse for dragging this crap out here. FWIW, i *did* try to take this off-list but a very public brawl seemed to be the desired course. That's not what i wanted.

Having said that, i can't simply let it drop without sending this out to everyone who has witnessed this car wreck. I also apologise for the language i've used. It was innapropriate for a public list.

No, i was *not* hoping anyone would jump in to save me. My one and only goal was to clarify my point to those who (i felt) had twisted my comments completely out of context. Sorry, but i *really* hate that.

Rob, i still don't feel that my initial reply deserves an apology. An explanation, a clarification, for sure. But i thought that my later posts explained clearly enough that that was not my intent at all. I think that your refusal to accept my explanation has been unfortunate, to say the least.

Email lists (like blogs, IRC, and the like) lend themselves to creating just these sorts of misunderstandings. We should all be aware of this and take responsibility for ensuring that any ill-communications are clarified. I thought i was doing so yet continued to receive abuse. Thus, i lashed out in turn.

I will, though, apologise for calling you a dickhead. I should have ignored your barbs, however inappropriate and unfounded i felt they were. Out in meatspace, we'd likely get along very well.

Again, listers, i'm sorry for this entire mess and i hope we can now let this drop.

HOWEVER, i take no responsibility for anyone posting an off-list response from me here. Not my problem.

brian