Re: counting with leading zeros

At 11:47 PM -0400 9/29/07, brian wrote:
You and i have had our run-ins on this list on more than one occasion. Until now, i've chosen to take your crap in stride.

brian

I haven't noticed any "run-ins". I don't care if you've been the biggest prick on the net -- if you ask a question and it's within my scope to answer, I'll try to answer -- that's what this list is about. I seldom remember who said what, nor do I keep score -- I haven't got time for that.

As for taking "crap", that's your perception for I don't dish any out. If you take offense to anything I say, then say so and I'll explain myself -- I'm not here to insult anyone. I haven't got time for that either.

 If you have nothing constructive to add then STFU.

If I do shut up, or not, will be my decision and not your's. You seem to have an attitude that the net is yours and our time is here for you to use and abuse at your will. Clearly, you have some unrealized issues -- but, that's your problem to work out.

However, when I see someone try to help another and see that it's not appreciated, then I can make comment if I want because it IS constructive to point out civility on the net. Telling someone to fuck-off or calling someone a dick-head is certainly not constructive and degrades the professionalism of the list. That should be obvious.

If you want to be treated fairly, then treat others that way. Don't always assume that you're right and everyone else is wrong and thus you have liberty to call people names because that doesn't promote an exchange of information, which is what this list is about. It's clear, at least to me, that you have problems with that as well.

So, why don't we let this thread drop -- you called everyone names and used whatever language you thought appropriate and I hope you feel better now. Hopefully next time, we can all be more civil to each other.

Cheers,

tedd

Look, there's nothing you can say to me that hasn't been said before (some of it deserving), so my advice is for you to refrain from such conduct and at least try to look professional. That way you'll hide your ignorance a little longer -- it's always worked for me.

This is me laughing. I'm sure you have no bloody idea how funny that statement looks from where i'm sitting. See the paragraph above.

Dan Parry wrote:
Can I please interject and say that I vastly respect Tedd(ddd) and Rob(bb?)
and their opinions

It's not so much that i disrespect Rob. It's just that i felt i had to call him out for being a dickhead by taking my statement out of context.

Tedd ... not so very much at all.