Re: Re: The Official OT "Name Tedd's Grandson" Thread

On 7/27/07, Richard Lynch <ceo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, July 27, 2007 7:35 am, Tijnema wrote:
> > It's quite logical that it is done this way, if you understand how a
> > mailing lists works ;)
> >
> > When you send a email to the mailing list, you send it without ,
> > and so Gmail thinks that's the message title. Once it arrives at the
> > mailing list server, the server adds  in front of the title, and
> > sends it to all subscribed members. All members that receive this
> > message, get the message with  in front. Now when somebody
> > replies to the list, the title will be something like Re:  Title.
> > Now when gmail detects that this message still belongs to the same
> > thread, it adds the message, and keeps the original title. Which is
> > Title for the OP, and  Title for all other users.
>
> Then when a gmail user Cc:s me, I get a bunch of stuff in my Inbox
> WITHOUT the  and WITHOUT the list headers, so it doesn't get
> sorted properly into the PHP-General folder in my client. :-( :-( :-(

That's a problem of the list, this list requires users to press the
"Reply to all" button, or manually add the php list in the To or CC
box. I'm on a few other lists where a simple press on the "Reply"
button sends the message to the list, and not CCing anyone. (Reply-To
header is set to the list address)

Tijnema

--
Vote for PHP Color Coding in Gmail! -> http://gpcc.tijnema.info