Re: RecursiveArrayIterator

as i said earlier the purpose of an iterator is to hide the internal
representation of an object.
ive been thinking about it the past couple of days and the odd thing with
php is, well in php,
the array construct is used to store almost everything complex.  in java
there are lots of different
data structures, ArrayList, HashMap, Vector, etc, etc.  so its seems there
is a more natural demand
for iterators in java.  however, if you create custom data structures around
the array; queue, stack,
and of course tree structures, etc. well then, iterators start making more
sense for php.

basically the funky SPL thing is all about design patterns and OOP.

-nathan

On 7/25/07, Richard Lynch <ceo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, July 22, 2007 9:02 pm, Kevin Waterson wrote:
> This one time, at band camp, "Nathan Nobbe" < quickshiftin@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the response.
> I was hoping to avoid this sort of recursion within userspace and keep
> it at a lower level. Should not the recursive iterator recurse so we
> dont need to be using user defined functions?
>
>> printArrayKeysRecursively($innerRecursiveArrayIterator); // handle
>> printing

I don't understand this SPL stuff (and don't want to, as it just gives
me a headache to even look at the function names) but you've got this:

$foo = array( array ( 'a', 'b', 'c'));

So of course your outer array has 0 => [inner array] in it.

How you get some funky SPL thing to only dump out the inner array is
beyond me...

There is an array_collapse or somesuch that will sort of smush all the
sub-arrays into one big array, which might do what you want.  Or not.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?