Re: module loading problems

Hi Chris,

> I'm running PHP 5.2.0 on windows XP SP2 .... lately when it starts I
> have been getting the an error when it tries to load the mysqli dll.
> It loads the standard mysql dll fine and all the dlls are in the
> same place the path and php ini file all seem to be fine. I recently
> added the exif module and now it doesn't load either. Anyone have
> any idea why these 2 modules won't load when the others do?

Have you changed anything else recently? Perhaps installing a new
version of PHP, moving some files around, updating Windows, etc?

What do you use to set the location of the PHP files? (i.e. have you
modified your System Path, or did you just throw them all into the
Windows\System folder?)

Is this with Apache or IIS btw?

My checklist would be something like this:

1) Check that the PHP.INI file you *think* PHP is using, it really is.
2) Check that you don't have redundant DLL files lurking around (in
the Windows folder for example)
3) Ensure you're using a recent enough version of the MySQL DLL for it
to work
4) Check your paths!
5) Check your dependances.. some DLLs require others.

The following may help:

http://wamp.corephp.co.uk

and

http://www.corephp.co.uk/archives/36-A-Guide-to-using-PHP-5-Extensions-on-Windows.html

Sorry that my blog is running so slow, for some reason sy3 has crawled
to a halt, while other sites on my server work perfectly. Most
annoying!

Cheers,

Rich
--
Zend Certified Engineer
http://www.corephp.co.uk

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out of a window"