Re: Re: Pirate PHP books online?

At 10:26 PM +0100 7/17/07, Stut wrote:
tedd wrote:
Nope, I'm just saying that if you want my work, pay for it. If you get my work without paying, then you're stealing.

You know, this is a pretty simple and obvious concept. I can imagine anyone arguing about it.

-snip-

There is no such thing as copyright theft. There is such a thing as copyright infringement.

No one is saying otherwise.

I don't care what you call it, taking something that is not yours is stealing. If an employer hires you to do a job, receives and uses your code, and doesn't pay you for it, then that's stealing. It doesn't make much difference if you call it breach of contract, copyright infringement, fraud, or theft -- it's still illegal. And, I've spent enough time in court to know the difference.

I am always surprised as to how simple wrongful acts can be diminished with spin. We live in a world of political correctness, to which we all object, but whenever we can, we add our own spin to the layers of complexities around us.

I, for one, just call theft what it is.

Cheers,

tedd

PS: If you don't want to talk about it, then don't talk. Let me have the last word. :-)

--
-------