Re: Re: Pirate PHP books online?

At 7/17/2007 07:42 PM, you wrote:
Really people.  I find it hard to believe that the otherwise-intelligent
people on this list have such a hard time with the concept that something
should not be done for reasons that don't involve physical property, just as
I find it hard to believe that making up things that someone supposedly said
has suddenly become the "in" thing to do.

Larry, please relax a little and don't take these comments so personally. As you point out, most folks who have posted to this thread are not responding to what you've actually written. When you make the technical point that copyright infringement isn't the same as property theft, some people have misunderstood and thought you meant that copyright infringement isn't a bad thing. I suggest that their missiles aren't actually aimed at you, so just turn your head and watch them go by. They're really aimed at the violation of those intellectual property rights by which nearly everyone on this list survives, or tries to. Naturally it's a hot topic. But it's not about you. The issue of whether property theft and copyright infringement are governed by different legal codes is interesting to an extent but clearly separate from the issue of whether or not copyright infringement is an abhorrent practice. Since you clearly realize that folks are really addressing the latter issue, one with which you apparently agree, I suggest you let go of the fact that you contributed the former idea since almost no one is actually addressing it. So far you're shouting past them as much as they're shouting past you because you're all addressing different topics in a single thread.

Warm regards,

Paul