Re: Re: Pirate PHP books online?

On 7/16/07, Larry Garfield <larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am not going to defend copyright infringement, but theft is depriving
someone of something they used to have and no longer have.  If someone
pirates a copy of your book that would have purchased it otherwise, then they
have not taken anything away from you that you had.

   Actually, "theft" is the act of unlawful taking by deceptive practices.

   And it's not just for tangible items either --- we've all
experienced theft-of-services first-hand, I'm sure.  With my web
hosting company, it's a common occurrence for people to attempt
theft-of-service through fraudulent activity, et cetera.

--
Daniel P. Brown
[office] (570-) 587-7080 Ext. 272