Re: SMS questions

It's annoying as crap to work with them.

But if they were not so vigilant and picuyane, you know what we'd have?

A zillion spam phone messages ringing your cell day and night from all
kinds of idiots.

Do you really want that?

I sure don't.

Give them at least some credit for trying to be responsible, even if
it does stifle lot of potentially useful applications.

I'd give a lot of money to be able to teleport back in time and yell
at the email designer folks to tell them just how horrible a mess they
were making... :-)

On Thu, July 12, 2007 6:56 pm, Nathan Nobbe wrote:
> Brian,
>
> I was experimenting late last year using PHP to send SMS messages.  I
> think
> there is a
> lot of potential in the marketplace around SMS.  But most of the phone
> companies wouldnt
> even talk to me and all i was trying to do was hit a development API
> to test
> some code out.
> im almost certain you will have to go through a provider if you intend
> have messages source #
> based upon a value you provide rather than a phone you own.
> i have already grown a deep hatred for telcos due to this exclusive
> club
> thing they have going.
> i will focus all my energy on any opportunity that arises to thwart
> them.
> good luck,
>
> -nathan
>
> On 7/12/07, Brian Dunning <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all - I've been looking at a number of the commercial service
>> providers for bulk SMS messaging, most of whom have PHP APIs. But
>> since they are selling something they don't answer my question....
>>
>> Is there any (legal, legitimate) way to send an SMS message that can
>> be replied to the desired SMS cell number? Like, if I use PHP to
>> send
>> an SMS to Bob, can I make it appear to come from Jim's cell phone so
>> that Bob can reply directly to Jim normally? The services all
>> require
>> Jim to log into their web site to read any replies.
>>
>> --

Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?
http://cdbaby.com/browse/from/lynch