Re: SMS questions

On Thu, July 12, 2007 7:07 pm, Brian Dunning wrote:
> Here's another thing that would be nice: A web service to look up the
> carrier for a cell number. That way you could simply send an email to
> phonenumber@xxxxxxxxxxx, though this would still be only a partial
> solution. This is a lot harder now that numbers are transportable
> between carriers.

If you have the service from the SMS vendors, you can lookup the
carrier for any number.

If there was a web service for it, you'd have a zillion more spammers
using those gateways to send text messages to random cell numbers.  Oh
joy.

> I was not able to find any service provider that makes the SMS
> messages appear to come from the sender's cell phone, so they could
> be replied to normally.

So you'll have to play postman and route things through your number.

Doesn't seem that onerous to me...

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?