Re: Re: About Incorporating MySQL and XML/XSLT/PHP

I said,
Kevin

my bad; meant to say Kelvin..

-nathan

On 7/9/07, Nathan Nobbe <quickshiftin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Kevin,

would you mind sending the particular url w/ the content you are referring
to?

also, data doesnt necessarily need to go through xml on its way back to
the database.
consider a web form for instance which might submit data to your
application via HTTP POST.
in that case you could simply process the data in a familiar way and
insert / update or whatever, the database as appropriate.
aside from that if you wanted to send XML elements to the database you
could do so in one of several ways.

the XML could be stored natively of course, but i think what youre asking
about is getting the contents of a particular tag, say, and insert
that into a particular field in a table.  to accomplish this use SimpleXML
or DOM to parse the XML and traverse to the node whose data you
mean to insert (or update or whatever) into the database; store it in a
variable and use it in a query at a later point in the code.

-nathan