Re: Re: php framework, large site

Robert Cummings wrote:
On Thu, 2007-06-21 at 09:15 -0700, Jim Lucas wrote:
Since this has really nothing to do with helping the OP with his original question, and honestly sounds like a bitch fest from hell. Why don't you take your disagreement of list.... Please.

The one thing I hate is when I see emails from one person telling them that their opinion is more correct the the other, or what ever the heck it is that they are talking about.

I never said my opinion was more correct, I merely pointed out the OP
wanted to start a framework in contrast to the comment posted by Crayon.

Remember, this was a blanket email, intended for a handful of people.

If you two can't get to the point of answering the damn question. Then please quit talking, because it isn't doing anybody any good. You're only wasting our bandwidth.

With all respect, the bandwidth is pretty cheap, even on a 14k modem.

granted, if you think of it individually, but really, how many people get this mailing list and how many different website mirror the PHP mailing list server. and however else it my be duplicated.

Oh, instead of debating between the two (or three, four, five, etc...) of you what you think the op meant in his question, why don't you do the easy thing and ask the op to clarify what it is are his intentions were by ask the question.

The OP already clarified his position.

Yes the op did,

"So,
Much off topic, but ok.
1. drupal are ok, but soo slow.. and I don't need CMS. I want to write my own.

The main reason I want write my own framework / project is performance.
Now I think to use postgresql, memcached, PDO, apc.

Need some help from experienced users! How to get done big project! Ok, thanks."

So, at this point, shouldn't the discussion change to what the op it really wanting information about?

Remember, this is intended to all (not just you Robert)

Honestly, "hi, can some body help me, how to start php framwork for large site?" to me would suggest that he wants to build his own.

EXACTLY!

Thought I was right.

Now, to me, he wants to start his own PHP Framework. Now, if you can't suggest any good sources for the op to read/investigate. Keep your mouth shut and don't waist everybody's bandwidth and time!

I bothered to jump into the thread in the first place because I dislike
when someone jumps on a question with an answer that belittles the
attempt to do something for which a person is requesting help. Since
then Crayon has gone on and on and I've just been rebutting his idiocy.

Once again, not all these comments were intended for you Robert

Cheers,
Rob.

--
Jim Lucas

   "Some men are born to greatness, some achieve greatness,
       and some have greatness thrust upon them."

Twelfth Night, Act II, Scene V
    by William Shakespeare