Re: Going from simple to super CAPTCHA OT

At 4:33 PM -0500 6/12/07, Richard Lynch wrote:
!!!The remainder is NOT directed to any one specific person!!!

Perhaps we should consider a moratorium on posts about CAPTCHA, or
some kind of limitation here...

It's getting old fast...

Perhaps only allow actual implementations and actual cracks of said
implementations to be posted?

Maybe if some folks spent more time hacking and cracking the darn
things, we'd have less uninformed discussion...

Well... that's exactly the point. This IS an uninformed discussion where some of us actually learn from it, me for example.

I've learned a lot from this discussion and past discussions on this and I realize that my manner is to investigate things I don't understand by not only coding examples but asking still more questions about them. BUT -- isn't this the place to ask questions?

I'm not rattling off at the mouth asking pointless questions, but rather trying to understand what appears to be very obvious to some. But as with all things, we can't all be experts in all things.

If you want me to RTFM, just show me where CAPTCHAs are discussed and I'll read that. But this list has people on it who know how to crack CAPTCHAs and I'm interested in learning from them.

I suggest, and !!! This is NOT directed to any specific person !!!, that if anyone believes this thread is getting old and doesn't want to participate, then treat it like OT and don't read it.

Sounds like a sensible solution to me, but then again I'm simple that way.

Cheers,

tedd

PS: The comments could be trimmed a bit, tho. And, we don't have to cc everyone in the thread.

--
-------