Re: Going from simple to super CAPTCHA

On 6/11/07, Daniel Brown <parasane@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Tijnema <tijnema@xxxxxxxxx> spake the following lore:
> Convert image to fixed width + fixed height + default depth, then do
> some work on it :P
>
> Tijnema

   Yeah, what work?  Best of luck with getting a system to reliably
translate one Jell-o blob of an image into another accurately and
reliably.  It's ASCII art time!

   Say I have an image of a cigarette:
 _______________________________
(_____(________________________@

   Then, I morph the image so that it's SNAFU'd:
     _______
    / \____    \_/ @/
  /    /       \_____/
( __/

   Keeping in mind that it's ASCII art, you can still see the
similarities.  A computer, with an actual graphical image, probably
wouldn't recognize it.  It may instead see it as a snake, which could
initially look like this:

      //==\\      =o~

   Then matched with a selection of images that the user could pick
from, the snake is morphed to:

   To be a bit easier, I whipped up a quick example on the web.  It's
just static images, not a working system, but you'll see what we're
getting at here:
       http://pilotpig.net/captcha-example.php

You could even use a color check here to see which color matches the best ;)

Tijnema