Re: Going from simple to super CAPTCHA

On Mon, 2007-06-11 at 16:37 -0400, Daniel Brown wrote:
> On 6/11/07, Tijnema <tijnema@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > * At peak performance, and of course there's OS running etc.
> >

>     Yes, but I don't think you understand that it was just an idea in
> the infantile stages.  I'm going to try to knock out a
> proof-of-concept later this week if I can to bring some of it
> together.

Something to perhaps think about... create a way to assign tags to icons
that provide grouping information. For instance a pencil might have:

Pencil:

    writing, sticklike

Pen:

    writing, sticklike

Crayon:

    writing, sticklike

Marker:

    writing, sticklike

Fork:

    eating, sticklike

Then you can use a query to select a specific group (if you play "which
of these isn't like the others").  For instance:

    likeType   = SELECT name FROM tag_types order by rand() limit 1;
    unlikeType = SELECT name FROM tag_types where name <> likeType order
by rand() limit 1;

Then we can pick group alike icons using (pseudocode queries ;)

    SELECT icon FROM icons where HAS_TAG( likeType ) and NOT
HAS_TAG( unlikeType );

And finally:

    SELECT icon from icons where HAS_TAG( unlikeType ) and NOT
HAS_TAG( likeType )

So now without actually manually creating questions we could generate
the following questions dynamically:

    Which of the above items is not for writing?
    Which of the above items is not like the others?
    Which of the above items is for eating?

I cheated in the above, it would be nice to know if a tag is an
adjective or verb so that you can form the English properly :)

Anyways, just some thoughts.

Cheers,
Rob.